Monday, August 5, 2013

All You Need is Sunshine.

Is it really August already?! Ay. Yi. Yi. Kids here all went back to school today...yes, school time. Where has summer gone? No joke. I feel like I've completely missed it. I haven't even gotten a tan.

Which quickly brings me to what I did all day yesterday....

Sometimes the day just calls for a bikini and tanning oil.
To be a little more accurate, I spent my entire day at my Mom's at the pool in the sun with my Zeke. This particular picture just happened to be while he was "napping" (I use that term loosely since Mom said napping meant he threw pillows in the air and talked.)

The sun was beating down, the pool was cool, the kid was happy, the Vitamin D was coursing through my veins. It was so refreshing.

I mean...I honestly didn't realize that I haven't really had one entire day of just fun and sun all summer. It's been so full of work and the other stuff life throws at you that somehow it just never happened. In fact, I couldn't remember the last time I just spent a day doing...nothing or a day just having fun with Zeke minus distractions. You need those days, ya know? The funny thing was that I didn't even realize that I wasn't taking hardly any time for myself or for Zeke & I just to have fun together. It didn't even dawn on me until I was driving home, windows down, hair all crazy flipping in wind, & singing that I was more relaxed than I had been in a long time.

I've got about a month of summer and a couple months of fall left - here's to having more fun with Zeke, making more memorable memories, & giving myself a break more often.

And here's to Shark week:



1 comment:

  1. oh I am so glad you got to get in that V D a little!! you need that sun- soak it in lovely girl! fun pics:)

    ReplyDelete

Show the love.